This is a really quick satisfying midweek meal that only takes 30 minutes to make, just what you need after a busy day.
It’s a great vegetarian dish and because it uses gnocchi instead of pasta you get some added comfort from the dish.
This recipe will serve 2.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tinned tomatoes
- 1 tsp oregano
- A handful of mushrooms, about half a pack, ripped up.
- 1 courgette, chopped
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- Breadcrumbs, if you have it.
- Make a quick tomato sauce in a saucepan. Fry off the garlic and onions on a medium heat and then add the tomatoes and oregano. Bring to a simmer and then leave on the heat.
- Then put an ovenproof frying pan or skillet on a high heat, add some olive oil and then the mushrooms.
- Once e mushrooms start to go golden add the courgettes.
- Fry for a further 3 minutes, once golden switch off the heat and rip up the spinach into the pan.
- By now the sauce should have nicely reduced, so spoon into the pan.
- With the sauce ready switch the grill on and cook the gnocchi in boiling water, once it all rises to the surface drain and mix into the sauce.
- Rip the mozzarella over the top and sprinkle the breadcrumbs around.
- Then it’s under the grill for a few minutes until everything is melted and golden.
Now you just need to eat and enjoy it.