“Best chips ever” my kids both said.
No parboiling or deep frying, all you need are potatoes, parchment and good rapeseed oil.
I’ve been a rapeseed oil fan for a while and when Little Seed sent me some to try, I had to give their Potato Wedge Oil a go.
The results were really crisp, I mean REALLY CRISP, with a subtle garlic and herb flavour.
- Potatoes – about half a bag
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- A pinch of sea salt
If you’re not lucky enough to have some Little Seed Oil you’ll also need:
- 2 cloves of garlix
- 1 tsp oregano
- Large baking tray
- Preheat the oven at 220c
- Put the parchment on the tray
- Then cut the potatoes (skin on) into the thinnest chips possible.
- the simplest way is, using your largest knife, slice the bottom off, then slice thinly. Then holding the slices together cut into chips
- Once each potato is cut up add to the tray until you have a single layer of potatoes, you don’t want any double layering or they’ll be soggy.
- If you don’t have wedge oil at this point grate the garlic over the chips and add the oregano.
- Then drizzle with oil and toss the chips in the oil by hand.
- Put the chips in the oven for 30-35 minutes on the top shelf until golden. Turn after 15 minutes.
- If they cooking too quickly for the rest of the meal at this point turn the heat down to 180c and move to the middle shelf.
Serve with ketchup or mayo.