A late lunch…. really fancied something filling after a long walk and these really hit the spot.
They are basically a thin omelette folded over cheese to make a parcel. I used some nice cheddar, but you could use any strong cheese you like or slices of cheese.
I made these using homemade onion bagels, which are easier than you’d think to make and in a different league to the kind you get in a plastic bag.
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of cheese
- 1 bagel
- Optional – slice of ham
- Crack a couple of eggs in a cup and whisk with a fork.
- Slice a couple of slices of cheese.
- Heat a frying pan with some oil.
- Once the pan is hot, pour in the egg and swirl so that it spreads across the pan.
- Then place the slices of cheese next to each other in the middle of the egg.
- If you’re adding ham, pop it on top of the cheese now.
- Fold the corners in over the cheese to make a kind of egg envelope, I tend to use a spatula and a fork to get the egg folded over. You should end up with the cheese covered up by the folded omelette.
- By the time you’ve faffed with the cheese and the folding the egg will be cooked enough
- Then flip and seal for about 30 seconds
- Place on some kitchen roll to drain and then pop in your bagel or roll.
Eat and be satisfied.