I love Banana Bread, but I’m a lazy baker. The less steps the better and even less washing up.
I wanted a recipe that was easy to make, tastes great and was borderline healthy. I wanted to eat it for breakfast and not feel guilty.
This is a really simple recipe and is in the oven in three steps.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 120g unsalted butter
- 150g brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 125g plain flour
- 100g jumbo oats
- Small saucepan
- Mixing bowl
- Loaf tin, about 20cm long
- Put the oven on at 180c.
- Grease the tin and line with a strip of parchment.
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Meanwhile mash the bananas with a fork in the bowl.
- Then add the butter and all other ingredients to the bowl and mix together.
- Pouter into the tin and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool on a rack
Serve with a good coffee or whatever your morning tipple is.