Simple tasty homemade cycle snacks – sweet, salty and simple to make.
I’m always looking for something new to snack on while riding and my stomach seems to react to most shop bought bars unfortunately.
This is a really simple cycling snack, and if you love salty and sweet they’re perfect for you.
You just need to melt, mix, press and bake.
- 120g crunchy peanut butter
- 100g dark brown sugar
- 1 banana
- 80g golden syrup
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 100g oats
- 50g pretzels broken up
- 15 almonds
- Put the oven on at 160c.
- Line a 20×20 tray with baking parchment.
- Melt the peanut butter, sugar and golden syrup in a pan over a medium heat.
- While it melts, put the banana in a bowl and mash up with a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients and the melted butter and sugars and then mix together.
- Pour the mixture into the tray and press down with the fork, until it’s flat and compacted.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove and allow to cool completely before removing from the tray and cut into squares.