How to make perfect rice
Rice can go so wrong. It’s not like pasta, which needs to be cooked in loads of water, and then drained. Which more times than not produces a horrible gloopy glutinous rice soup.
This method is fool proof and so simple.
- 1/2 cup rice per person
- 1 cup hot water per person
- Pinch of salt
Plus you must have a pan with a lid
- Boil kettle
- In a pan add rice then water
- Add a pinch of salt
- Give rice a stir
- Put pan on medium heat with lid on.
- Bring to simmer
- Give another stir, then turn the heat down low
- For white rice leave for 12 mins with the lid on.
- For brown rice leave for 20 mins.
- After the above time all the water should have been absorbed and you’ll be left with lovely fluffy rice.