Potato Hash is a whole mix of crispy, sweet, spice, roasted and caramelised on your fork. The textures and flavours nicely contrast each other and every mouthful is different.
Potatoes, sweet potatoes, red pepper and onion all coated in paprika and oregano roasted in the oven and then topped with an egg or two.
All you need is 5 minutes to prepare it, a quick shuffle around after 20 minutes and then fry the eggs at the end. It’s great with a coffee at the start of the day or a glass of red at the end.
Ingredients for 2
- 1 large potato
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- A large pinch sea salt
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 4 eggs
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Put the oven on at 180c
- Get you eggs out the fridge to warm up.
- In a roasting tray add the paprika, oregano, oil and salt and mix together.
- Chop the potatoes into bite size cubes. Then quarter and slice onion and deseed and chop up the peppers.
- Add them to the tray and mix in the oil mixture.
- Put in the oven for 40 minutes.
- After 20 minutes remove the tray loosen and flip everything. Then turn the heat up to 200c and put back in the oven.
- After a further 15 minutes check the potatoes, everything should be nice and crispy, so you can fry your eggs.
- I use about 2 tbsp oil, heat on a medium-high heat. Once hot add the eggs and leave them to bubble away. If it spits turn the heat down a bit. The oil should give nice crispy edges.
Once the eggs are on serve up your potatoes, spread them out so there’s spay for the eggs on top.
Once they’re cooked put the eggs on top and serve.