You need 8 hours cooking time, but apart from that this recipe is really simple and takes about 5 minutes to prepare and then another 5 minutes to pulled it apart.
Apart from that you’ll just spend all day with your kitchen smelling wonderful and everyone salivating over dinner.
Then pork will easily serve a family of four for two meals or one meal and a couple of lunches.
This is a proper family feast, I serve it with baked potatoes and homemade baked beans, so if you’ve got family or friends around you can pop extra potatoes in the oven. We serve a mix of sweet and white potatoes so everyone in the family can get the mix they want.
- 1.5kg pork shoulder, boned and tied
- 2 tbsp mustard (English or Dijon or mixed half/half with grained)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
The pork needs 8 hours, so for a 6pm dinner it needs to go in at 10am.
- Preheat the oven at 130c.
- Place pork in a roasting tray, mix the other ingredients and smear all over the pork.
- Then add 500ml of water to the bottom of the tray and put in the oven.
- After 4-5 hours remove and cover with foil.
When you are ready to eat remove from the oven and pull apart with forks.
Serve with baked beans and baked sweet potatoes.