A really quick noodle dish, that kids will love. As long as you have the base ingredients you can add whichever veg your kids prefer.
I love making this dish when I’ve picked the kids up from school, it’s so quick you can chat and prep at the same time.
It’ll take about 10 mins to prep and then 5 to cook.
- 2 layers of wholewheat noodles
- 1 cm piece of ginger
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 spring onions
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp dark soy
- 4 tbsp light soy
- 1 tsp 5 spice
- 1 carrot
- A cup of broccoli florets,
- A cup of sugarsnap peas
- 3 baby corn
- 5-6 cashews, finely chopped
- Reserved spring onions
1. Peel and finely chop the ginger, garlic and spring onions. Save some of the green part of the onions to top the dish.
2. Put the honey, soy and 5 spice in a dish and whisk together.
3. Cook the noodles, they’ll need 4 mins, then drain and cover in cold water. Put to one side.
4. Prep all the vegetables:
- break up or chopped into small florets, then add to a small bowl of boiling water for a minute. Drain and put to one side.
- Peel, then slice the carrots lengthways and then chop finely.
- Top and tail the sugars snaps and then slice lengthways.
- Slice the baby corn lengthways.
5. Heat some oil in a pan, add ginger, garlic and onions and fry for a minute.
6. Now add all vegetables and fry for a couple of minutes, moving around the pan.
7. Add noodles and sauce. Mix together
8. Serve, sprinkle with the reserved spring onions and chopped cashews if you have them.
A variance of this Quick Noodle Dish would be to replace with noodles with rice