Roasted Aubergine Salsa – it’s amazing… all sticky and packed full of flavour. It also goes well with roast chicken or lamb, roast sweet potatoes or spread of toast with a fried egg on top.
Once you’ve made it, it’ll keep in the fridge for a couple of days.
I tend to make it to go in my chicken kebabs. Then used it again in my toastie at lunch.
- 1 aubergine
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes (I use chipotle)
- 2 tbsp oil
- put the oven on 200c
- add herbs, spices and oil to a baking tray and mix
- First cut the aubergine lengthways into 1cm thick strips, then chop these widthways into sticks.
- Cut the onion in half and then slice
- Add aubergine, onion and whole garlic cloves into the tray and coat in the oil mixture
- Put in the oven for 15 mins
- Now add the tinned tomatoes and put back in the oven for a further 15 mins.
- Once cooked remove from the oven and pop the garlic out of their skins.