Not just your average flapjack, the smell alone with make you hungry.
75g brown sugar
4 tbsp golden syrup
1 heaped tsp cinnamon
250g porridge oats
1 large (or 2 small) sweet apples
– put the oven on at 180c
– Line a shallow baking tray with parchment.
– melt the butter, sugar and syrup in a pan
– Meanwhile put oats and cinnamon in a bowl and grate the apple into the mix.
– Once melted add the sugar/butter mixture and mix thoroughly.
– Empty into the tray, spread and press down.
– Put in the oven for 25-30 mins or until golden
– Once cooked allow to cool for 10mins and cut while still warm.
– Enjoy the smell and resist eating until they’ve cooled down and formed up.