If you’ve got no tinned tomatoes, make some Roasted Tomatoes.
There are still no tinned tomatoes in the shops, so I’ve made my own roasted to tomato sauce. Just need to blend it now. I never go back it’s amazing.
- 3 whole cloves of garlic
- 1 roughly chopped onion
- 1 pack of cherry tomatoes
- Heat oven at 180c.
- Add the tomatoes, onions and garlic to a baking tray
- Then add about 2 tbsp oil and mix through
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven
- Pop the garlic out of their skins and the tomato skins should have also split, so remove them.
That’s it, chop or blend to the texture you like.
Store in fridge or freezer until you need it.