Sausage, pepper and potato bake or SCBs as we call it (Sausage, Chips and Beans). The ultimate in easy comfort food. It’s normally a Friday night meal, but who knows what day it is at the minute!
It’s a great through it all in the pan meal, it takes 5-10 minutes of prep and then 40 minutes in the oven. Apart from turning it after 20 minutes you don’t need to do anything else.
Ingredients – serves 4
- 5 potatoes, white or a mix of white and sweet. My perfect combination is King Edwards and Sweet Potatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 2 red onions
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp rock salt
- 4 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
- 10 chipolata sausages
- 2 roasting trays (one roasting tray and a baking tray is sufficient)
- Switch your oven on at 220 degrees C
- Add the paprika, oregano, rock salt and oil to your trays
- Cut your potatoes (normal, sweet or both) into bite size chunks and add as many as will fit on the tray,
- Then slice your peppers and onion and add to the tray
- Mix through the oil
- Put in the oven and turn it down to 200.
- Now cut 10 sausages in half
- After 5 minutes get the tray out and add the sausages.
- Cook for 35mins, turning once or until all crispy and golden.
- Serve with beans.